Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thanksgiving Week, Day Three



I think the deer are using this tail at Angel Falls. 

We always look, hoping to see one (we have seen ONE). 


The ground had dried out enough that we went on down to the creekside. 


The creek itself is remarkably clear. 


And someone was eager to get right in it, but I had her on the short lead.  I wish I would have switched leads... because... 


Someone else was super-excited and hopping all around.  The side to his right drops off to a much deeper hole... like, really deep.  

It's not very big. 


There we are, looking towards the bridge.  The parks department has closed off access from 
just at the bridge with deadfall, as you see. 


Pretty soon, we began to head back... we had already walked 3/4 of a mile at that point.  The full trail is a mile, which we did. 


The rocky outcrop by the stream has convenient "steps". 


I took a much different route home, and came across these wonderful old barns.  That's a wooden silo on the right! 


I went by Little Stranger Church, where I attended the Pie Social in June. 

I was surprised to see that there appeared to be damage from storms during the summer. 

There was a Soup Social there at the beginning of the month that I intended to attend, but that night, something else came up. 



This is a very typical Leavenworth County scene, and you see that our weather fell today. 


There is still a Jersey Dairy in our county, aren't they beautiful cows? 

One more day! 


7 comments:

  1. Great new header picture that you have! Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the rock shelves around the creek – and Jersey cows. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic of Jester in your header!
    Love his smile.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and Keith.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos!! And what a grand photo of Jester on the header!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some beautiful places to take pictures of there. Our weather is to change tomorrow, but today is a blessing !Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiviing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Water, rocks, animals, history...your photos were made just for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!