Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Beginning of Another Week

Church this morning, and then home to fix breakfast for Grandson Nathan, who spent the night with us.  We had a quiet morning, since it was only 14 degrees out.  After church Keith went to the gym to work out, and then to Cabelas to look at vaccum packing machines towards getting one for us this year (whether from Cabelas or somewhere more inexpensive, we hope).  While there, he happened to speak to a lady in camping who used a vaccum packer to keep produce and meat at her own place, and they had a lengthy discussion about different things such as butchering chickens (she had done 300 at their last butchering day) and making jerky.  Keith got a wealth of knowledge from her... but when I asked her name, his answer was "I don't know!"  I'll go over myself some day this week  or next weekend, and try to figure out who it was... I have more questions about she is doing things at her place and hope she is willing to answer a few.

Other than that, it was a very quiet day, and I was glad to stay in out of the cold for once, until it was time to do afternoon chores.  I had let the chickens go out for a while, as it warmed up a little... but we are expecting two days this coming week of bitter, bitter cold.  As Keith says... it's January!

Here, however, for everyone to see... is the Hope of Spring.... on the maple tree over our deck.... BUDS!


But lastly, I would like to thank each and every one of you who has commented on our blog.... who has taken the time to tell me what you think about something I have written.  I love to share these things with you, and with those folks across the world, from Thailand to Russia, from Slovenia to Great Britain, and all points in between.  I love to share our lives with you, as you all share with everyone... the world is a wonderful and very small place, in the end.

5 comments:

  1. January in the Midwest is always fun.
    But I wouldn't change a thing because I really would miss seeing each season if we lived somewhere else.

    Happy Monday!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are still frozen your way, Mary Ann!! BRRRR!
    The lady at Cabelas sounds like a wealth of information.... I would certainly look her up again sometime.
    I would love to have a vacuum sealer for my jerky to make it last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I was doing some research on a med someone suggested to me for my Rocky scottie terrier and ran across this article on feline asthma and thought I would pass on to you. How is Jenny doing, I sure hope she is recovering quickly! God Bless, Marla

    http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_feline_asthma.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. We keep saying we are going to get one too. One day......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really enjoying your blog!
    Love the buds on the maples--it will certainly be here soon. I laughed that your husband didn’t ask her name--same kind of answer I would get from my husband too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!