Friday, April 4, 2014

The Grass is Greening


Oops, I just about caught Abby this morning as we arrived to let the chickens out. 
It was quite late, as she had to go see the vet early on. 


She was very happy to follow me around from henhouse to henhouse.  I let the henspa chickens loose to 
run around in the yard today. 

See the green grass?  Everything is looking so green and beautiful after the long winter. 
In fact... I am going to have to cut the grass at the old place, maybe this weekend... and 
we are going to have to find someone to cut here, as I don't have a trailer for the tractor. 
Once it's moved, it's moved. 

I love the smell of wild onion in the spring, while I'm cutting, and I can't wait to get started. 


We looked for mice in both henhouses. 


And we found these two, the nest box dwellers... on the floor of the henspa, once the 
other birds were out the door!  It was so good to see Fancy down, scratching in the dirt like a real chicken!  He was having a ball. 


The other two roosters from that side, Moe and Ferdie, were out with their respective ladies looking for treasures in the yard. 


And lots of redwings were feeding on the feeder. 
We have lots of branches down after the winds this week... so Chris and I will take an hour to do 
yard clean-up when he comes back up next week.  

I am so glad to see green grass after the winter, and I know you are all, too. 

Keith has come up with A Plan for a storage building here at the new house...
I am thinking of something to go with it, but want to think about it a few days and 
then I'll show you.  

Plans! 


9 comments:

  1. It's so good to see that green grass! Hard to believe it's time to mow so soon after the long winter, but I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GRASS!!!! don't you just want to roll in it!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you have a henhouse at your new digs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that things seem to be going well with the move, such a hard thing. I'm so glad Spring has finally come for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to Spring type weather.

    Are you finding problems with Blogger?

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grass looks beautiful. I can hardly wait to see ours green up like that. Of course then does come the mowing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful to see the green grass, and not all that ice and snow!
    Soon bulbs should be coming up too-- they are here!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to see grass at our place. So are the horses!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!