Saturday, April 19, 2014

Holy Saturday

A fast post tonight, as I have managed to catch 
the flu, or something LIKE it.  Headachy, sore throat... I am 
going to go to the last Holy Week Service tonight and sit in the back of the church, where I can get up and get out if I need to. 

We had a soccer game this morning for Grandson Jacob.  His team won, 13-0... so rather lopsided.  I felt sorry for the other team. 

I would show you a picture of the action, but I don't know where my camera is!


I'm posting this picture at the feed store this week, in hopes of giving away the 3 Elvi.  
I'm praying!  

If this doesn't work, I'll load them into a crate, and go over and sit in the parking lot next Saturday. 

I may have gotten a lead on someone who will take Moe and his two girls.  Crossing my fingers. 
Then Chris and I can clean the henspa out and close it up. 


Here are two of the three little birds.  If I were to offer April, the blue hen, with one of the blue roosters... they would be gone in a second.  She is very bonded to Moe... but I will do that if I have to. 


Empty nest box. 


Because the two girls are laying on the floor! 


I can tell you that I have NO CLUE what these strap like leaves are! 
Could they be allium?  I have never grown it, and I planted allium bulbs last fall. 
I notice that my wood phlox (creeping phlox( in the next box over is almost gone... there used to be a big patch there. 


However, tulips are now beginning to bloom all around the yard!
I'll have to go a year without lots of flowers, but I hope by next year to get going again! 

Abby is doing much better... she is getting her shots regularly, and will soon be on a special diet. 
We are so glad she is getting back to normal!

Everyone have a wonderful Easter!


10 comments:

  1. great news about abby! have a wonderful easter maryann!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have left a beautiful garden for those coming behind you, to find. No telling what will come up in those beds in the future. Good luck relocating the remaining hens & roosters. Happy Easter to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what those two plants are. I do not think they are allium. Their leaves are a lot like green onion leaves--long and thin. Hope you feel better and can enjoy Easter. So happy to hear Abby is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you're feeling under the weather! I am going to run Norton Virus scan in case you sent something over the air ways. :-}

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad Abby is getting better.
    We are hoping someone will want the chickens. It would help you out a lot
    love
    tweedles
    ps,, hope you get better soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. And a Happy Easter to you. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope you are feeling much better today! A very Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that Abby is doing better.
    Hope you are doing better too.

    We had great weathet for Easter didn't we?

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Good to hear she is better.

    Boo, that you are not feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter to you also.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!