Sunday, October 25, 2015

At Last, Some Nature Photos


This morning, Leavenworth County. 

I tracked another, but this was the best I could get: 


Stinker. 

I've seen the Northern Harrier twice, from the rear end, seeing him take
off after a small animal on the ground.  Always driving, and can't get 
the camera up fast enough. 


Here is the black squirrel's red cousin... same street, one house down. 


I went the back way to church, and did not see one turkey... I have not seen any for two weeks except up near my brother's nursing home, on a busy highway. 

Then, I turned a corner, and missed this group of ten by a minute. 

As soon as I stopped, they took off for the tree line. 

Now that our big events are finished at the National Agriculture Center and Hall of Fame , 

I'll have more time to go out "hunting". 


This came up as a "memory" in my Facebook feed the other day... 
how I miss Winnie, Windy, Kelly, and even Big D (mama) 
and all the other critters at our beautiful Calamity Acres. 

(Mary Ann Yoder on Facebook, where I do post pictures almost daily) 

Happy memories! 

I'll post tomorrow about the Great Midwest Balloon Fest... it was two 
very, very busy days... and very interesting. 

Here's a picture to whet your appetite: 


Why I am bullied by my dogs: 


Lilly Ann letting me know it was time to go walk, about an hour ago. 

I hope everyone is having a peaceful Sunday. 


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful clippings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures as always! Looks like you had a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so lucky to have someone relatively close taking such pictures. I get to see so much I wouldn't otherwise; thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful photos!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful photos Mary Ann
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lilly Ann is such a beautiful girl. Smart too.

    We saw turkeys on Saturday when we went to check the feeders and cams at the son-in-laws place.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!