Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Very Sunny Saturday

 
I stopped to take a picture of sleeping geese on a pond just on the outskirts of Tongie on my way to the food pantry this morning.
 
As you can see, it's a lovely wintry day here.
We do expect some single digit temps this week, but as Keith reminded me this morning:
"Live in the moment".  He's RIGHT.
 
 
I have someone new keeping me company now.
 
 
And someone else managed to pull his hind legs up on his new bed and get comfortable. 
 
 
 
 
As far as the eye could see at Wally World, there were bins of Christmas on sale this morning.  I looked through some of it, but, honestly, they put it out so early anymore that you are sick of it by Christmas.
 
And you don't realize how cheaply most of it is made, until it's all in a jumble like this.
 
Okay, I admit it.  I bought two boxes of bulbs that were chocolate colored, for our fall prim tree next fall. 
 
So guess what was around the corner?
 
 
YIKES
On to the next holiday!
 
 
I got my latest issue of GRIT in the mail this week, and there will be a Mother Earth Fair in Lawrence, Kansas this fall.  Yeeha!
 
J and S at Cranky Puppy also wrote about this. 
 
I am overjoyed.  I have already let Keith know that I will be gone the weekend of the 12th and 13th of October next year to spend all day soaking it up.  The previous fairs have been held in Puyallup, WA and Seven Springs, PA for several years, so this is a bonus for us.  As MEN is published in Topeka, it's about time!
 
I have some chicken stuff to talk about tomorrow, so stay tuned.
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. I've never understood how ducks or geese can stand on the freezing ice or even swim in freezing water!! Brrrrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the chicken stuf!! Haha! I don't give up on Christmas decorating til end of January!! Your ground looks very different- we got 12 inches snow 3 days ago and another 9 last night! But no white Christmas!! Oh we'll! Enjoy your Sunday!
    Rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year to you and yours. I love your hubbies advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they waste no time in trying to get us to spend our money !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have some wonderful company there. Yes, the next holiday has moved into the stores and taken over. I've not been out yet so take advantage of any Christmas sales. It's been cold and snowy and there's plenty of food here so I'm just staying in and keeping warm for the most part. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting about the fair! LOL at the Walmart sales bins, I know it! That's over, onto the next holiday. You absolutely should live in the moment, it can be difficult, but we must... especially when we have so many wonderful animals in our lives. Glad you got some sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have big bins of unpurchased Christmas stuff at our Wally World too, makes you wonder what they do with all the leftovers...
    I'm looking forward to your chicken talk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tell you they rush the holidays sooner and sooner each year.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!