Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sprinkler Time


We were sprinkling...


And swimming...


And wading....


And drank lots of cold, good well water...

Because guess what? 


Guess what else? 

The petunias gave it up in the heat. 

Let the fall  mum planting begin! 

(your blogger went down for the count after morning chores and church for a good three hours.  I revived to do afternoon chores... twice... so everyone has had good cold water multiple times today, and the popholes are staying open again tonight. 
In other news, the goats ate half of the balsam on the deck. 
Oh, well.) 


10 comments:

  1. how awful! we are drier than we have been all summer and high temps coming. ugh...i need cool weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been very fortunate this year with rain however we are needing one now. It is hot, hot, hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow incredible temperature!!

    What naughty goats to eat the balsam on the deck.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. today starts watering weather for me again. we are going to be horribly hot all week. i need lots of fall weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that picture of the chicken with it's feet in the water. Great idea for sure. Glad you got a much needed nap there. The heat wears me out big time. Hope it gets cooler for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is very hot here today (monday) also ...we pugs and dad are staying inside.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand, I was konked out most of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool pictures. We used to raise chickens and rabbits. The weather here is hot too. I am ready for Fall. I am your newest follower. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 100 F here today, I'm over it and it's just one day LOL. The picture of the ducks in the sprinkler - LOVE it! How adorable. Those are happy kids!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!