Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sunny Saturday for Real

Okay, here is where I confess I have not felt well all week.  I spent six hours on Tuesday sleeping during the day, which I never do.  I have dragged around and been worn out about 24/7 in the last week. 

I planned to attend the KC Food Circle gathering today, bringing together the public and CSA farmers, and other local producers.  I was looking forward to buying some cheese from several different places, and talking to some people... and finally meeting S from Cranky Puppy in the flesh! 

It was not to be.  I became sick while picking Nathan up in Ottawa, and just made it home. 

The rest of the day was taken up with a few necessary chores and baking, and yes, I'm constantly washing my hands.  Whew. 

I called last night's post "Sunny Saturday"... I must have REALLY been pooped out.  

In truth, the sun is shining right now, after clouds moved in and out all day.  Down south of us, they had thunderstorms, but it looks like they will miss us. 

I thought it would be nice to show you some pictures I took in the last few days for a short post. 


Here is little Moe, who thinks he is Mighty Moe... the boss rooster in the henspa.  He is the one with the unusual comb. 

Here is the comb in question: 


A double comb, you see that Moe did not suffer much frost damage from the winter that is hopefully just ending. 


Here is Speedy, the tiniest rooster of all... he is two years old next month, and is one of two Old English gamebirds we still have... the tiny little hen Suzie is the other.  Speedy has a single comb, and shows damage from the frost of the last few months.  He is a mature rooster in good feather, and very protective of the hens... he can also outrun Rambo.  

He isn't named Speedy for "nothin'", 


Here's the Northern Flicker at the suet feeder... he eats on the deck, and then flies out to eat suet.  He's such a beautiful bird. 

That's it for Holy Saturday from Calamity Acres, where Mary Ann is going to take it easy this evening. 

I promise I'll get back into the swing and begin commenting again in a day or so, and I appreciate, as does Keith, all your wonderful comments.  
We hope you all have a Happy Easter! 

10 comments:

  1. Easter Wishes To You Nd Yours, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel much better in the morning.
    The rooster is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to feeling better... its so hard sometimes,,, isn't it?
    Your photos are always so beautiful.
    I really wish I had the energy to create beautiful posts like you always create.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being sick is no way to waste a good retirement! Get well, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you still are not feeling very well. Hopefully today will find you feeling much better! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rest up and get feeling better!! Hope you had a nice Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you're rested up and feeling better! It's never any fun to be under the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you are under the weather. Speaking of weather, the yucky weather probably has a lot to do with it.

    Get well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!