Saturday, March 9, 2013

Scenes from Water World

Boy, did we need this! 


And this


And this 


Making manure tea


Slogging through the mud 
(the birds spent a long time outside today, too... in the rain....)


The farm dogs were disgusted 


Except for the smart one 


And the little guys were happy that I decided to turn their warming light back on, and fled to it's warmth as soon as it shone forth. 

We got at least an inch of rain if not more, and it got to 54 degrees... but is supposed to go back to the thirties tonight with a chance of a snow shower tomorrow, but 70's later in the week! 

That's the weather story from Calamity Acres tonight! 



11 comments:

  1. manure tea made me laugh! but i sure can feel your gratitude. after our drought in texas last year, i know that feeling of thankfulness for rain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes my wife asks "will this rain ever end?" I always answer "Yup; when the drought hits!" Life seems to usually be feast or famine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you all got some rain! We are hoping to get some tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a hint of green...spring is getting closer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the mud! I can certainly relate. Snowing here this morning after rain yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mind rain is the mud I hate around the house ! Manure tea now I wasn't expecting that one ! Have a great Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are to be in the 50's with some rain here today. But then it'll get colder again. Sadly I haven't seen any predictions that had 70 degrees in them. Rain this time of year is messy and muddy, but then that is Spring! We do get plenty of rainy days. Hope you have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning, glad you got a good soaking, looks like you really needed it.......Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the rain! Wish we could have sent some your way earlier in the month. I have a half barrel full of manure tea which we call "Poo Tea". The 'secure' top leaked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. we need some of the manure tea for moms airplane plant it looks peaked....
    stella rose and mags

    ReplyDelete
  11. Then you sent it to us!

    lol....

    It was in the high 70's yesterday, was 44 this am, suppose to be in the 30's later on.....

    and you wonder why 2/3'rds of MS is sick!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!