Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday Musings

Our drive, today. 


It will take weeks, if not months of rehabilitation where the plowman went into the yard.  We are going to have the drive re-graveled in the next few months, though. 


The birds are coming out, more and more.  To get from one mud spot to another, they fly across the snow.  Chickens truly do not like to walk on snow. 


Guard Dog on Duty 

This morning, I tried to do some blog-hopping in between loads of laundry and vacuuming.  There is something weighing heavily on my mind that I am not ready to write about yet and I was listening to music on the computer on my Apple account, and reading.  I read a blog post today that absolutely made me stop for a while, and cry. 
It was HERE, on Karen's blog at "This Old House 2".   The title is "Romaine Tenney" and if you have time, please, please go and read about Mr. Tenney.  It happened years ago, but is still happening today, it happened when they built the NASCAR track here ten years ago.  It's worth the read. 

Songs that make me cry, always: 

"Bring Him Home" from Les Mis... though I don't like that musical, I cry at that song, no matter whom is singing it. 

"Love Remembers"... Craig Morgan. 

"Home" ... Philip Phillips

"The House that Built Me"...Miranda Lambert 

I was listening to music while reading about Mr. Tenney... you'll see if you read the article. 

That's it for today from Calamity Acres. 

10 comments:

  1. Like the guard dog. Read the story. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like things are still melting there for you. That's a good thing. The sun is rising here this morning but they say more snow is on the way tonight. Too bad the driveway got messed up by the snow plow. It will take a bit of work to repair that. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh - so sorry to see your driveway messed up! I read the story in the magazine and it is such a shame what people will do to other people for no reason!! Glad to see your feather friends are able to get out and spred their wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like part of our yard where the hubby was pulling in and parking the F250. I made him move it to a different place.

    Sorry to hear you have the blues. Hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mary Ann,

    Didn't have time to read but I printed it out & will be taking it to my Dr. appt. You know you always need reading material there, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are obviously having a lot of wet weather. Your drive looks like many around here.
    When I moved in here three years ago it was a quiet end corner of town. I was surrounded by wasteland.
    I'm now surrounded by a retail park!!! two major supermarkets and seven food outlets. There is a series of roundabouts that are almost impossible to cross on foot....Oh well...
    At least I have many shops within walking distance and all the buses come this way.
    There was sunshine today, maybe spring is not far away.
    Cheers Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, your driveway! Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary Ann, I read that article in Yankee. In fact, my husband, who always gets to read our copy first--an unwritten rule here--brought it to me and said, "Read this." It brought tears. The whole issue is full of stories of houses that mean more than 4 walls to the people who have lived there. The one issue is worth the price of the whole year's subscription.

    Meanwhile, that driveway is a mess! Is that Jackson in the middle of the other picture? I hope he's feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
  9. you still got all that snow! holy smokies! we have rain and more rain.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  10. All very emotional songs. Mud time is arriving - we've only got a little so far because we've got lots of snow to go, but some muddy spots are appearing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!