Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Before the Storm

Yes, it's for real. 

We're having a snowstorm with 3 to 5 inches of new snow tomorrow, just as I was thinking of storing the snow shovels away.  NOT. 

It called for a snuggly dinner tonight. 


Half a loaf of french bread from the Ft. Leavenworth Commissary. 
Split, and olive oil spooned on.  Put it in the oven at 250 to crisp up a little for about 8 minutes. 


Brown hamburger (I used chuck) and mix some Barilla sauce in it.  


Spoon it across the bread, and put some cheese on top, I used Kraft 5 Cheese Italian. 

I put it back in the oven at 250 for the cheese to melt. 

That's dinner! 

I saw a recipe similar to this on the web early this morning, but forgot to print it out. 
I think I'm close enough, and that's usually how I fly, anyway. 

Now, off to do the chores....

That's it for another wintry spring day at Calamity Acres! 

11 comments:

  1. Perfect dinner for a cold night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good to me! Time enough for cold food when it gets hot, it is comfort we need now.

    Y'all stay safe and I hope the snow you get will end up helping the gardens this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8" expected here - it's juat started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, I hope that cold air doesn't make it this far south. I've planted my garden. It's only suppose to get to 34 the next 2 nights. We need rain. Hopefully all the snow you get will help with the drought. Does look like a snuggly dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! That does look good! Is it ever going to warm up??? This weather is crazy!! we're not getting snow - we have bad storms. Need the rain - just not the cold and lightning at the same time. . . . Great day for stay in my flannels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you see something so simple, and wonder why you didn't think of it. This idea is awesome! Thank you for sharing it. My hubby, and son love meatball subs. This is something I could easily make at home for dinner. They will be delighted! :)

    Btw, still have not got the night time camera. But also haven't seen anymore tracks other than the rabbit. Oh, and a squirrel. :)

    Thanks for writing your blog. I don't comment much, but I always read. :)
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT!!! Looks very tasty. And easy! I shall definitely be making this.
    Amy from Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a perfect supper for a chilly night! I hope the weather clears up for ya'll soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks very quick and yummy! Will have to copy cat that sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!