Friday, August 24, 2012

A Surprise for Me

Last night we got a call from son Jeff, who lives in Independence, MO, about fifty miles from us.  Jeff rarely is able to come over... he works at a large grocery store and works long hours, he has been there a long time.  He wondered if he could not come for a few days for a visit, and boy, did I say YES.  I went over to get him this morning.   He does not have internet service where he lives, so despite asking if he'd like to see a movie, go out to dinner, etc. etc... he basically wanted to hang out, use the internet to play some games (he's only 42 this year!) and just be around us and the animals.
 
So, he came out to help me with chores this evening, and was promptly (and literally) chased out of the henyard!



Jackson was not kidding... he put on his full panoply... stuck his neck out, and gobbled his heart out, while coming fast straight at Jeff.    Jeff suggested (!) that I wait for Keith to help me with the waterers, as I was feeling a little puny today.
 
 
When you are not used to large birds, they can be very intimidating.   Jackson has big feet, and a LOUD gobble!
 
While this was going on, there was also a lot of crowing going on:
 
 
From this Mille Fleur d'Uccle and....



And this Porcelain D'Uccle, amongst about ten others. 
 
Both of these little guys were tested Tuesday, and were to go to a swap tomorrow... but we are now expecting (80% Chance) rain tomorrow... including storms.... so I am going to stay home and will have to establish a batchelor pad in the little henyard when I move the hens over. 
 
I may not be commenting/blogging much over the weekend, with Jeff here and using the computer... so everyone have a great weekend!

 

4 comments:

  1. Jackson sure did his thing! I've never seen that before...he's a handsome guy, but I don't think I'd want him coming at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good time with Jeff being home!
    Oh Jackson was really putting on a show!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice that your son is visiting.
    Jackson is a handsome bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That big ol turkey can look scarey!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!