Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Wonderful Sight

My dear partner drove down to Baldwin City this afternoon after work to take a picture for us.  We intended to go there over the weekend, but just could not get down there.

I hope you like it:

This sign stands near a valley filled with maple trees.  Last Saturday was the annual Maple Tree Festival, because the trees are full of color at this time.
If you click on the picture, it will get bigger.
Here is another, taken a few yards on farther, looking down over the valley.  While you cannot see the trees individually, you get some idea of the effect:
It was ablaze with color.

Meanwhile, back at the farm, I was finding THIS in the doorway of the big henhouse, right where I could put my foot in it.  It JUST appeared today.

Please note the walnuts near it.  Keith estimated the size as four inches across. You can just barely discern the darker gravel that was thrown up by whatever made the hole.
Rat?????  I just don't see a muskrat, which like water, digging a hole this big in the porch of the henhouse.   I can't wait to go out there in the dark in the morning, I'll be carrying the big flashlight, believe me.

And here's a pretty red dog, keeping an eye on the chickens from afar.  She'd love to have chicken for dinner every day!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a little concrete is needed in that hole.

    Don't turn an ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful sign! Love that someone took the time to show gratitude for all that we have been blessed with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sign proclaiming the beauty of the trees that God has created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love the fall scenery! We are so fortunate to live in Kansas!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!