Friday, October 21, 2011

At Last We can Rest for a Bit

After two nights of excitement, we expected to go to the Kansas City Ballet tonight.  At least, my friend and I bought tickets 3 weeks ago... and I was anticipating a trip to the new Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts tonight in downtown KCMO.  Today she came to me and said she couldn't use her ticket, and offered it to me.  Keith and I have been to the ballet several times (I worked for them for years) but we are worn out tonight and though he came home early and did chores, we have decided to stay home this time.   I hate to waste tickets, but they are in her name and I can't call and release them.  I should have told her to do it, so she could take the tax write-off.  Not thinking here at the end of the week.

Things are much calmer here now.  Keith called me as he did chores to tell me that the birds were finally relaxed and calm after two days of terror for them.  I took some pictures as I went out to take their treats, as Keith had already done all the water.


The procelains are safe, and for once, I was glad they were still in their hutch.  Soon they'll move to the new henhouse with the other birds.

Rocky the beautiful Wyandotte Rooster is safe.  He is so tame and comes to greet me daily.  I would have been sorry to lose him.

The Welsummer girls (two of them here) and the Buff Brahma bantam girls are safe



Reddy and Eagle and Butch are safe in their pasture pen.

It will be covered again this weekend.

Tonight, Friday, we skipped the ballet and stayed home, too tired to cope with the crowds.  At 9:30 or so, Lilly became very agitated, and Keith let her into the pasture, where she chased something to the corner.  She came back when called, and the llamas did not come investigate.  That is Lil's first time in the pasture in four years!  We know the llamas know our own dogs but we also know Tony is very territorial, and will protect his "girls", Inca and Aztec. 
Keith did not see anything, and he and Lil are still outside for a while so he can watch her.  She's a great hunter!

Hopefully tomorrow I will get to our "regular programming", not All Chickens All the Time!

Linking to Fresh from the Farm for Farmchick Friday


4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Ann... Sorry I could not comment under my google acct. I don't know why but it just will not let me...Thanks so much for joining in on my linky party. I was able to go in and change the name for you. :) Hope you will stop back for a visit soon and also play along again. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Ann, thank you for stopping by my blog. Your chickens are very pretty. I backtracked to see what had upset them, and read about your very good dog.
    Terry at Moondance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you that things are getting calmer :)
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you didn't get to go to the ballet.

    Maybe whatever she scared won't come back.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!