Sunday, February 8, 2015

So Far Behind

I am so, so far behind reading your blogs, and I apologize for that! 

I can't believe that my days are busier, instead of quieter... 
if someone had told me retirement would mean this... I would have laughed. 

I'll try to get caught up on what everyone is doing tomorrow. 


This, I think, is a dark-morph redtail. 


It's a beauty, isn't it? 


You can sure see why they are called redtails! 


It didn't go far. 

About 30 feet. 


Jes was not feeling so hot yesterday or today. 

I think he's better now. 


Here is the big hawk who lives down on the corner of 155th Street.  He is just almost perfectly camouflaged, isn't he? 


I took this picture to show you what happens when you don't take care of your fence lines. 
The pasture behind these red cedars is also overgrown, and unfortunately, the buffalo live there. 
The beautiful barn is on the piece of land where the buffalo are supposed to be kept.  There was a house there, too, but it is burned and falling in. 

The greater piece of land around this... 146 acres, was for sale from the time we moved to Calamity Acres.  Yesterday, I took this picture: 


The for sale sign was being taken down.  We don't know what this means. 

Keith called about it once... they wanted nearly 2 million dollars for the 145 rolling acres along the highway. 


Tonight's sunset, from our back door.  
Wow. 

Any doubts about the glory of God???

Happy Grammy watching! 

(I'm taping Downton and switching to Grantchester at 9:30) 

4 comments:

  1. Life is all about priorities, Mary Ann. As you know, we take care of the big stuff first. Beautiful sunset, incidentally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about retirement. I've not had a dull day in the nearly 5 years now that I've been retired. I watched Downton, but couldn't stay awake for Grantchester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I love those fiery skies.

    Looks like somebody might have bought that land.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!