Thursday, January 21, 2021

Happy Squirrel Appreciation Day 2021

And appreciation of a slew of other creatures around this place! 




 

I love them!  I love to watch them climb and play. 


The killer. 

Some of you who don't follow me on FB... this little guy got into my small henhouse, and killed the tiny black silkie hen.  

I toook him to the bottom of the pasture... in a bucket... gently.... and in two days, 
he was BACCCCCKKK. 



I put a camera in the sheep barn to see what ate the dead silkie. 

This is the yellow tabby that has been eating here lately. 

Oh, I just re-read this.  I put some cat food in there nightly.  It has been eating the cat food. 



A wren on the porch water.  I have to say that in all the years I've lived here, 
I do not remember seeing wrens before this year!

They are beautiful little birds. 



Starlings.  They love cat food. 



A jay. Those low waters, I have two, are heated. 


A blue jay with three cardinals behind him waiting to eat. 

I counted eight cardinal pairs out there the other night. 



I'm just not even going to comment here. 


Or here. 

Here, I have to make another funny comment. 
Sometimes I get up during the night to go to the bathroom. 
I never EVER see anything on the deck in the middle of the night, but yet, the next morning, there are many pictures on the camera.  What the HECK?


Another squirrel pic. 




I am going to comment here.  Friends, this was taken on the seventeenth. 
THAT MAMA IS NURSING. 



The Three Amigos.  
Jester is very lonely now... so is his mama.  
I can't tell you how much losing Fritzi and Snowy affected me... maybe it's age. 

I still feel myself welling up for them. 

I have been sick since Christmas, have been tested twice for Covid, and mercifully 
both tests were negative.  I did end up in the ER this week, but after 
being tested out the wazoo, was released to go home and see my doctor. 

I feel much better today, but am taking it easy for a few days and hydrating, hydrating, hydrating. 

A new day has dawned for our country, and I am glad to be here to be a part of it. 

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful well wishes, I so appreciated them. 





5 comments:

  1. We get several hundred pictures a night at the hay field where I dump our scraps for the critters. Even had a coyote in a picture at 1unch about 30 minutes before I went out there.

    I was wondering if the yellow tabby was new.

    I know how hard is on me when I lose one now. That's why I'm trying my best not to have any more dogs or cats. But, you know how that goes.

    So sorry to hear you've been sick. I can tell you when I was sick before all this started last year, it lasted a couple of months. And, it was really bad.

    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    These trailcams are paying their way!!! Some great shots there. Glad you are feeling stronger... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are soon much better. I don't feed the squirrels here because they love the acorns that are very plentiful falling from the large oak tree here. There are plenty enough to see them thru the rest of winter. Sorry for your little black hen, nature gives and it takes for sure. When I lost my last pet, I couldn't get another because it just hurt too much. They don't live as long we do, tis very sad for sure. I couldn't go through that again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the sadness that does not go away. I love our two dearly but I can still hardly look at pictures and videos of Otis and Milo without it hurting so badly. But you, that's so scary to be sick in this day and time. Please take care of yourself. We check availability of vaccines every day now for our age but so far no success. So I just stay home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must thank you for this excellent read! Absolutely every single aspect of that was enjoyable to me. You can also consult the blog dice roller to learn about the many types of dice rolls. After reading the blog, post your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!