Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Two Posts in a Week!

I remember when I posted daily!

Ah, the good old days. 

I thought I would share some more pictures, 
as long as I have not gone up the drive today to see whether or not I can get out for a doctor's appointment tomorrow. 

Yes, we had a bit more snow, 2 1/2 inches at least. 


It didn't stop the Duckie Boys!

I left everyone else in, including the sheep, because when I 
got home from an eye appointment yesterday, I found little Cookie shivering next to his mama 
outside in the pen.  Nope, not having that. 


The birds are desperate for feed at this time of the year. 
The starlings, especially, have been bad the last week, and believe me, this is only a portion of the hordes.  However, in the midst of these.... are some red-winged blackbirds, and for those of you 
who don't know, they are the Harbingers of Spring!!! 

YAYYYY. 


My faithful girl did the rounds with me this morning. This is a labor of love for her, as she is increasingly slower and slower. 


You can see that snow blew onto the porch itself 
while it snowed last night, I don't remember that happening very often here. 

Rusty was checking for food early this morning.  However, 
only one lone possum, and two of the other ferals came to eat, 
no raccoons. 

\\

Tiny little footprints leading onto the porch.  There is a water bowl there, it was frozen. However, the heated bowl is at the other end of the porch, and I am worrying that no one is realizing it, they are all 
so used to looking for it on this end.  Both outlets are now taken up, one with the heated bucket in the sheep pen, and the other, running the lights in the sheep barn.  I am about to go turn that off for the day, but the sheep must stay in.  By tomorrow, some of the snow should be melted and I can maybe let them out again. 

I did take some pictures of the goldfinches feeding on the deck, but I believe I have accidentally 
erased them! 


The camera caught this view of me when I laid it down on the
kitchen table. 
Yep, that would be about right for the last three weeks. 
I am going to dress up again and go out and see if I can shovel the front gate open... and no, I'm not complaining, many people got four times as much snow! 

Happy Almost Spring, Everyone! 










7 comments:

  1. Yes, and I just read both of them. You sure have a cute little one! I have some "mean" roosters too. Our old dog, Dolly, follows me around too. When she's had enough, she will go lay on the porch. We are getting more snow today and then again on the weekend. At this point, I'm saying bring it on...so we can break a record. Nothing I can do other than that. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Fabby moonshot to top off the post today - couldn't see this month's superluna due to floor to ceiling cloud and rain. But at least it isn't cold here; weirdly warm actually. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every thing is blooming and budding out here now. I hope all the fruit does not get knocked off

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why it is hard for you to blog with all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are on the high side of the weather roller coaster here, the snow has all melted but come next week we'll coast back down...Good to see you all bundled up for the weather. Take good care, and they say bend the knees when shoveling. Yes, we are one day closer to Spring !
    Love and hugs,
    'ma'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha.. love that shot of you readying the camera!
    We always manage to capture ourselves as we ready the camera as well :)

    We've had tons of snow here in Utah as well, though like you, I'm not complaining (too loudly) because others are really suffering with harsh winter conditions.

    Thank you so much for the sweet comment that you left on my post.
    Doing our best to stay positive, and move forward...*smiles**.

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!