Thursday, August 14, 2014

More Painting UGH

Well, the indoor painting at the old place is almost finished. 


The master has it's last coat on... now we have to put trim up... and then the floors... 


Ditto the orange bedroom, our former "office"... it took three coats, but the orange is covered. 

I was less careful than before, so thank heavens the floors are going to be painted with Kilz...and I admit I have paint all over me.  I changed out of my painting clothes into clean clothes, to get 
Chinese on the way home because I am POOPED. 

Before we went out to paint, we did this: 


Rhonda is pretty good at holding Lil, but a second later, I stepped up to hang on, too... you can see Lilly look pretty resigned.  However... we did have some growls.  Dr. Scott Ripperger got the stitches out post-hsaste... and we left the one closest to her eye in, so it will dissolve.  


We went straight to the old house, and I painted... with Lilly inside sleeping.  Late in the afternoon, she decided to go out and get some sun.  


Keith is making progress on the side deck, and he is out there tonight putting a few more of the 
side railings on. 


I wanted you all to see this hummingbird feeder.  I bought it a few weeks ago, but really, did not like it much out in the yard, and neither did the hummers seem to. 

Yesterday I stopped in the store where I had bought it... and explained that the birds did not seem to like it. 

The lady gave me the little hanging rod and asked me to try it... 
so... it's stuck in the geranium pot.  I haven't seen any hummers at it yet... but I'm hopeful, because they are coming to the bigger feeder in the yard regularly.  Before I leave to get grandson Chris tomorrow... I'm going to set the camera up outside and see if I can get them on camera.

39 days until Fall!


7 comments:

  1. Looks like things are moving right
    along.
    Lilly looks so comfy in the sun.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired just looking at all the work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painting is coming along sooo nicely!!! Yay!
    And the porch looks so nice the rails! Keith is doing such a good job- along with his helpers!
    Those humming birds will catch on soon,, we have a feeling
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the hummers will figure it out.

    I hate painting..

    Lilly does not look happy, at least they are done now.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a very busy day. The hummers will come
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your house is looking so good, what a lot of work you have done to it, I like that feeder.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it is all coming together so nicely. Almost done !

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!