Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Sweet Shoppe

Going back and forth to Garnett, I often come through Eudora, and there is a lovely little candy shop that also sells old-fashioned phospates, cola drinks, lemonades, floats, etc.  I have always wanted to stop in there, and yesterday, coming back from an unexpected trip, I did.
 
(I tried to post this last night, but Blogger wouldn't let me!)

 
Is this truly a sweet little shop or what?  She sells lots of different candies, popcorn, chocolates too.  There is a jukebox and plenty of seating. 
 
 
Here is Penny Annie herself, behind her beautiful old counter, taken from a hotel in Garnett years ago.  See the marble top?
 
 
I see a trip for the grands in the near future... they need to experience an old-fashioned sweet shop!
 
More later today, just wanted to get yesterday's post up!
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. okay, this would be a diet buster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the old corner drug stores or soda fountains we use to have. It is nice that a piece of the past has been brought to life again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place!
    I love that old counter!!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos of the sweet shop! It's been many a year since I've had a phosphate. I loved them.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been visiting your sweet blog regularly. The way of sweet tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "A Sweet Shoppe" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites veg restaurant namakkal | veg restaurants namakkal

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!