Friday, May 4, 2012

A Sweet Little Face


Bessie and Abby tonight, watching me make BLTs for the kids and Keith.  Bessie looks so cute with her hair cut that the kids almost didn't recognize her when they got here from Garnett.
If you click on the photo, you will see her milky little eyes.  I'll start treating them tomorrow to try to keep them moister.  She is still getting around okay for the time being, though.

I wanted to apologize for not getting around to everyone's blogs here lately very often.  I am so tired at night and not sleeping very well, with my sister so ill.  She has now said goodbye to everyone, and her little granddaughters were brought down today to see her... and this weekend, she will move to the Hospice House before going Home for good.  I will miss her so very, very much. 

7 comments:

  1. I lost my only sister 36 yrs ago to cancer. She was only 31 years old. I still miss her so much. Growing up we mostly argued but after we both married we became close. I know how your heart is breaking. I just wish there was something I could say or do to make it easier. Your sister is very blessed to have such a caring sister in you. And as you said she is going on to a wonderful heavenly life. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MA, as always, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you have a restful weekend.

    xxoo,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your sister. I thought I had reasons for not blogging or reading blogs. Hope you get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your sister, I know how hard this is. I still miss my brothers and they've been gone a number of years now. Get some rest and don't worry about visiting blogs, we'll be here when you have more time. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going through a very very hard time and I will be thinking of you often. I'm sorry and please take care of yourself too. I know its hard to think of much else. This part of life is heartbreaking. I send you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to her about you sster....don't feel bad about not getting to blogs. (I haven't been, and nothing is going on here!)I agree with Cheryl....we will all be here when you have more time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mary Ann, I'm so sorry. I know this is hard on you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!