Friday, September 16, 2011

Roosters Part Two

Earlier this week, I wrote about our roosters, of whom I'm very fond.

Here are the rest of the boys:

The lesser of the two Mille Fleur D'uccle boys.

Boots, the greater (they are both about 1 lb each)
and Fancy, the Porcelain D'Uccle

(Not that he's one of my favorites or anything)

Brutus, the Welsummer cockerel... is a Big Dork

While Handsome, the partridge cochin (bantam) is ... Handsome!
He has a twin in the big henyard.... looks just like him, so I won't post his picture. 

Speedy, the Brassy Back Old English Red gamebird is maybe a pound dripping wet, and the smallest of all of them

Rocky, the Gold Penciled Wyandotte cockerel, is going to be bigger than all of them, including Rambo. He is a gentle soul, though, and particularly likes me.  Keith just noticed him for the first time tonight, and exclaimed what a beautiful rooster he is! He is gorgeous and healthy, and another favorite. 

I've missed one... Red, the little red cochin cockerel.  He is a nice little bird, but I got three cochin cockerels with the group that I got at the feed store in March, and he is just one too many.  I am trying to find homes for him, and for the "other" partridge cochin. 

I want to apologize if I have not commented on your blogs lately... I am behind in reading, and hope to catch up this weekend.  Tomorrow morning I have to drive to Garnett to get the oldest grands, and return them Sunday.  This trip takes me three hours, so that's six hours out of my weekend of productive time in traveling.  Chris is going to do some heavy weed cutting and pulling for us, and some weed-whacking, thank heavens.  Nathan will visit his dad and stepmom Amy.  I am going to read some blogs tonight, I have missed your exploits and hope to read as many as possible. 
I am going to try to match this up with the new Fall Farm Friends that is hosted by Verde Farms, so I'm about to give it a shot!


4 comments:

  1. What handsome boys! My daughter has always been very fond of Mille Fleur`s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos of the boys. We don't have many. They cause too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you and your roosters too! I had no idea so many roosters could live together. I have five hens and they frequently get on each other's nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you keep up with them all. We have 4 and I've forgotten who's who.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!