Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Frustration

You saw no post last night because try as I might, I could not get anything to post to Blogger.  Did it happen to anyone else?  I had two stories.... and neither would post.  I tried again this morning, to no avail.  We are very downhearted tonight, our water is not running, it is almost zero out, and when I opened the door of the big henhouse, there was white everywhere.  Hundreds of starlings were in there.  Not only had they literally covered the birds, the bedding and everything else with their foul poop, they had had every last piece of a full feeder and all the water, absolutely all.  The chickens were so thirsty they came down from their roosts to drink, covered with nasty poop.  Keith is out getting ten gallons of water so that we can at least keep the pets watered.  I can shower at work if worst comes to worst, and he at the Armory, where his office is.  We don't know yet if a pipe has frozen or the pump has failed on one of the coldest nights of the year.

Our good plumbers in Tonganoxie are not available for a problem beyond their forseeing, and also need our prayers tonight, so we will wait a day and see what happens.  Warmer temps are expected on Thursday through Sunday.  The strange thing is, it was thirteen below last Thursday morning, and the pump was still running then, so that's why we are worried. 

Please say a prayer for the people and animals of Calamity Acres tonight, because we will surely need it.




4 comments:

  1. Mary Ann-
    So sorry to hear of your issues.
    Hopefully things will become resolved soon.

    Good Luck!

    Prayers to you and yours from Lenexa!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Ann this makes me sad to hear about your chickens. I am retiring now and will say prayers for you, Keith and all your animals. Prayers that you get to the bottom of your water problem. LOL Mary G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. You have my prayers.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart, Mary Ann!! Your poor chickies are really in a mess. Hope you get some relief from the cold very soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!