Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Back to Work and Birds

Look what I'm doing this morning: 


Uh huh.  I just can't get anything but a blurry picture 
from my phone. 

I'm priming the trim for the old house... and tomorrow, 
I'll paint it.  All white. 

So, a little more progress. 


Keith has been busy working on the last few pieces of siding. 

He actually completed the piece in front of him... so 
now we will get Brandon back to put the two top pieces on this end, then the 
siding is finished.  

Keith will start caulking tonight... then we'll paint... then trim... 
getting ever closer! 


Our yard has become a haven for mourning doves. 
This is the top of the birdbath that fell on little Austin, 
at my friend Valerie's house, breaking her leg.  It is very heavy. 
We disposed of the plinth, and kept the top... and the birds love it. 
I clean it daily. 

We are not seeing many goldfinches, but I think that will pick up as it gets colder. 
We also are seeing few hummers now. 


I love these birds.  People make fun of them because they aren't the brightest birds in the flock... but I think they are lovely. 

Their crooning is beautiful to me. 


They get along pretty well.... even when there are ten to fourteen of them eating under the hanging feeder.  I'm going to have a good time this winter watching them! 

How 'bout those Chiefs and Royals, huh????


7 comments:

  1. we have doves too almost as big as turkeys,....well not that big but you get the idea...I know you gotta be glad when that house is done!!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are getting closer! i bet you will be so happy the day it is rented! we have doves here too. i love them. we are still hot and sunny. it rained for maybe 2 seconds today and that was it. i am beyond sick of this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doves are a good omen.

    Almost finished and then you can rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good.

    Let's go Royals!!!!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those mourning doves as well, they have always been one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have some morning doves here too and like you I do enjoy them. Glad to see your work is progressing so well and that the siding will soon be done ! Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see that Keith is doing better. Hope he stays well.

    Those doves like you Mary Ann.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!