Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Updates

Well, we have a new look we are trying out for the blog... time to shake it up a little.  I'm also working on some pages to add, so that people who are just reading for the first time can go back and see whom is being referenced, or what has happened in the past. 
 
This picture shows something remarkable:

 
I know, it's hard to see in the light... but it's the little flock from the pasture pen, out in the pasture for the first time.  While Cocky was alive, I tried to let them out several times and they just would not come.  His son Junior, in the shadow, is trying to take care of them at six months... and pulls himself up tall to try to scare the other roosters.  They only came out for a while, but they were having such a good time I had to sit and watch them.  Their pen leaks from the tarps, and is wet and nasty, and I'll be so glad to get them moved.
 
 
And, moving right along, here's where they will be moving.  The nest boxes are almost complete, and the Happy Hobby Farmer is working on them even as I type tonight.
 
(Yes, they will have sides on them)  I'm also going to hang curtains!
 
And here was something happening at the fence.. I got a little picture of it the other day.  Jackson really likes me, and likes to lay right by me... which he was doing while I watched the Pasture Pen Gang.  Then, I heard his chirping starting up... he was doing this:
 
 
I know this one is hard to see, too, but that's Jackson squaring off again against Gertie, and they paced up and down the fenceline, with Jackson chirruping to her. 
 
Jackson is sleeping in the henhouse for the time being.  He's not that happy about it, but he's safe, and right now, that's what counts.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mary Ann....looks good...they will be fine in time.. Their safety comes first...Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nest boxes are beautiful.
    I think your little farm looks so happy.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Jackson, at least he's safe.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!