Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Sweet Shoppe

Going back and forth to Garnett, I often come through Eudora, and there is a lovely little candy shop that also sells old-fashioned phospates, cola drinks, lemonades, floats, etc.  I have always wanted to stop in there, and yesterday, coming back from an unexpected trip, I did.
 
(I tried to post this last night, but Blogger wouldn't let me!)

 
Is this truly a sweet little shop or what?  She sells lots of different candies, popcorn, chocolates too.  There is a jukebox and plenty of seating. 
 
 
Here is Penny Annie herself, behind her beautiful old counter, taken from a hotel in Garnett years ago.  See the marble top?
 
 
I see a trip for the grands in the near future... they need to experience an old-fashioned sweet shop!
 
More later today, just wanted to get yesterday's post up!
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the old corner drug stores or soda fountains we use to have. It is nice that a piece of the past has been brought to life again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place!
    I love that old counter!!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos of the sweet shop! It's been many a year since I've had a phosphate. I loved them.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!