Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot

Here we go again.

I swear to you while my back was turned tonight filling the trough, Aztec stepped into and out of the pool, for the first time with me around.  The water was good and cold.  When I turned around 20 seconds later, she was standing alongside the pool, not in it.  Maybe she is finally going to copy her mama.


The birds were miserably hot, but these especially so... they were in their hot little hutch when I got home.  Everyone got good, cold water as soon as I could get the hoses cleared out and pumping.



Some animals were smart enough to stay in the shade!

And some weren't. 

One more day of triple digits, and then the weekend should be fine. 

Please join us in prayers for those who were devastated this past weekend by Hurricane Irene and her tornados and rainstorms inland.  We know they are not going to have a good Labor Day, or end of summer, and we are sorry for their losses.

3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you and all your animals. They are so lucky to have you to take care of them.

    In Phoenix, AZ we have seen some pics on the news of horses and other animals standing in the sun in 117 degrees. Breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you can set us a fan or two in your new chicken house

    we have 4 regular fans and an attic fan running during the day right now in the barn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks the Llamas were the smartest of the bunch! We also have a huge fan in the barn now, for the hottest months here, which are not as hot as you've been getting. Yikes. Hope it cools down soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!