Thursday, February 11, 2016

Coyote Run

Keith and I have both been under the weather this week. 

We are finally feeling a little better today.  (Yayy!) 

So, I decided to take the dogs to the park this afternoon, around 1 PM. 

Keith had left for a doctor's appointment about 20 minutes before I left. 

He called me as I was leaving the house, to tell me that he saw a strange thing... a coyote in broad daylight, running from a cultivated field on the east side of the road.  
It ran across the road to a yard on the right.  

Strange. 

I was shortly going to go in the same direction, and 
had the camera in the middle of the front seat on the console. 

(Jester was riding shotgun) 

What did I see coming out of the field to the left but... 

two coyotes! 

I am just going to show you the progression of pictures, because it was so amazing to see at 1:20 in the afternoon. 

Friend Jill says there must have been something dead they were running to... 
or something scary they were running from. 

I am going to show you the unedited pictures, just as I took them. 








And then, out of sight. 


They were actually running through someone's yard and into their pasture. 

One picture would not load. 

For stopping so suddenly, I was able to get a good look at both of them, 
and they appeared to be healthy. 
The winter has been so mild here. 


A closeup of the closest one. 

I like coyotes. 

13 comments:

  1. I like coyotes too, and I raise sheep and chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is unusual to be out in daytime but they may be gathering food for pups.

    Great shots and what a gift to be able to see them so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, adaptable, intelligent animals; thank-you for the lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We live in a great little part of Kansas. You see stuff here that you would never guess being this close to a pretty large city. Tonight Mary Ann and I have a Valentine's Day date to see the Royal Marine Band from Great Britain at a beautiful entertainment center (Leids Center) at the University of Kansas in Lawrence. Really looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they are beautiful creatures. Great captures Mary Ann. Everything has it's place in nature.
    I hope you too stay on the mend.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better ! You really did get some great pictures. Coyotes have been known to take small pets right out of the yards in some places here in Ohio. The news had warnings for people to keep a watch out for them. We had some in the campground we use to frequent and they raided the garbage bins there at night. I only ever caught a glimpse of them a few times headed over the hill beyond my camper. I'm not sure whether I liked them or not, but I did feel sorry for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen more than one coyote at a time. They do look healthy. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful creatures they are!! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, unusual and you got lots of photos! Well done!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are really pretty and healthy looking! Good job on your shot.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool shots of the coyote,,, unedited or edited.
    I have never tried to edit... Guess I need to learn.
    Good shots Mary Ann
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!