Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

To All the Dads in our Lives, with us and not with us! 


Nick and Jesse, Dads


Ralph, Dad, Grandpa and Great-Grandpa


Keith, Dad, Grandpa 


Jim, Dad 


And my own dear Daddy, Joe, gone since 1969.  This is the ONLY picture of our whole family I have. 

My parents just did not take pictures, though we had an ancient camera.  I don't even know who took this for us, on the day my little sister Kathleen's adoption was finally final... she was seven!  We had had her since she was an infant, and yes, that is I sticking my tongue out, and standing on "moon boots"  a rare gift because of the occasion.  Our wonderful brick house on 14th street behind us, it was such a safe haven to grow up in, a block from our church and school. 

My dad standing tall and proud, and my brothers in their early 20's... a long, long time ago. 

Three of them gone now. 

Happy Father's Day to all of you Dads out there! 

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures of all the dads there in your family. You are blessed to have a family picture. I don't ever remember seeing one of mine. I guess they didn't feel it was important. I have pictures of my Mom and Dad together and my sisters and me together, but none of all of us. Hope you all have a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the only one then, MA.... my cousins have pictures, but their parents had movie cameras, even in the fifties... we rarely, rarely took pictures. Maybe that's why there are 16000 pictures on this computer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great family picture...I saw the tongue sticking out, and wondered...hmmm...could that be Mary Ann? :) How Cute!! I treasure the old family pictures that I have...they are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...can only imagine what they said when they saw you were sticking your tongue out.

    Moon boots! Never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Love your gathering of pics. Especially you sticking your tongue out. Like Ramona, I wonder what they thought when they saw the photo ... no do over, so funny! And why so long on the adoption becoming final?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!