Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday Funday

Well, I wish I had pictures to show you of the International Lineman's Rodeo at the National Agricultural Center yesterday... but I had my camera on the wrong setting 
as an experiment... and none of the pictures are recognized by the computer. 
Lesson learned.  

It was fascinating to watch the lineman from many countries compete in pole-climbing and other 
disciplines... and I did get some nice pictures of them, but 
they will not import into the computer. 

KC Power and Light also had lots of activities for kids, a petting zoo, 
face-painting, and lots of bouncy house things to play on.  Free. 

Here are some pictures from today. 


Here's our beautiful boy after church this morning... we went for a walk. 

You see we are going down to the creek at Angel Falls now. 

Oh, the colors, everywhere around us. 



There's the Angel Falls bridge from the creek view.... yesterday evening, a photographer had a family sitting on it, and was taking their portrait against the backdrop of the rusty bridge and beautiful foliage. 

I wish I could let the dogs run loose in the creek. 


Walking on this path right now is like being enveloped in a golden rain of leaves. 

I took a short video, but it won't import. 

This week, I will explain why you are seeing so many phone photos, and 
where all my "country" photos have gone.  I need to sit down 
for a while to do it, and the last two weeks have been busy. 

Tomorrow, I will go to get Chris again, for two days, to help with 
some more work here. 

I'll try to post again tomorrow night, I DO have a few pictures to share! 


9 comments:

  1. We have so little color yet, still green around here. You have beautiful countryside.

    I'm afraid I depend on my phone for pictures most of the time now. It's just so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are sooooo beautiful Mary Ann
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get better photos from the cell phone than the Nikon! The less we can adjust the better. But we keep trying. Looks beautifully autumn!

    Your Pals,

    MURPHY AND STANLEY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get better photos from the cell phone than the Nikon! The less we can adjust the better. But we keep trying. Looks beautifully autumn!

    Your Pals,

    MURPHY AND STANLEY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that made stunning family photos.

    That sounds like a super cool event for kids and their families. I know it was probably a lot of fun watching those linemen compete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angel Falls is a beautiful place and you've capture the glory of fall in those pictures. Such a pretty place to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics: gorgeous contrast, color, & lighting in bridge pic, plus the variety of trees - bare / almost bare, yellow and green. I had my nephew help dig in the garden yesterday - carrots, parsnips, glads, cannas, and dahlias now drying. Long day!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you have Chris to help you.....stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!
    Nothing wrong with phone pictures.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!