Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers Come in All Shapes and Sizes

Tonight, on my way over to take care of the chickens, 
from the corner of my right eye, I saw something flutter down by four calves laying down and chewing their cuds by the side of the road. 

I stopped, and backed up on the gravel 30 feet. 


Here were the two calves on the south side. 

Do you see what fluttered down next to them? 

A baby egret. 
'
I went ahead and went to the old house and took care of the birds and did a few other things, and then started back. 


Here they are 30 minutes later... the two northern calves of the four. 
Their baby between them.  

I stopped to talk to them for a minute, and baby hopped closer to them 
for safety. 

Mothers come in all shapes and sizes. 

Happy Mothers Day to all! 


6 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day to you and to the cowbussys too!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet picture. It is amazing how nature works together. Hope you had a Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a fantastic Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late Happy Mothers Day, that is one great picture!!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo's. All kinds of mothers, indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!