Friday, June 17, 2016

Back In the Real World

Back to the Ag Hall today on the front desk, and even in the debilitating heat, 
there were lots of tours by day care groups.  Whew. 

I was glad to be in air conditioning. 

I did take some pictures of the Master Gardener's garden in the 
front of the building... it is so beautiful.






(the orange asclepias I transplanted last year did not live, 
but I have two clumps of yellow, I love this flower) 




Love this peach... 


and this buttery yellow. 

When I got home, I watered my own garden, and then 
let the hose trickle into the gardens. 


I looked down through the spare bedroom window to see this!  

(She fed it) 



But this little finch drew my eye. 

Instead of flying off as soon as I opened the door, as the other birds did, it lingered. 


I sat down in a chair on the patio and watched it for a while... it was able to eat while the other birds were gone. 


I really was watching him... I think it is a juvenile... but... house finches are prone to a terrible eye disease, their eyes crust over, they become blind, and cannot find water or food.  I saw probably five last summer, it breaks my heart. 

This little one appeared to have two working eyes...


But the thing that really worried me is that I looked down there ten minutes ago, and it was still there, next to the water bowl, eating and hopping around.  It should be going to nest by now. 

I'll keep an eye out for it. 

Lilly is past chasing after little birds like this, she laid there while I was taking pictures. 

There won't be any dog-walking going on for a few days while we are in the middle of our heat wave.  We might try VERY early tomorrow morning, though. 


Jes has the right idea, he got some of his toys together and he is sleeping right in front of a fan. 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos!
    I think Jester is a chillin for awhile
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best to stay in and keep cool. It's heating up here for us and I'll be staying in for the most part. The heat just deflates me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE also love the Orange one... In Ohio we call them Butterfly flowers... and Monarch Butterflies just LOVE them... they grow WILD along the roads there... BUTT they don't like to be RELOCATED.

    It is good to stay IN and Cool during a HEAT WAVE. TRY to stay cool.
    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great flower pictures. hahaha, love that picture of Jester. He's got such a beautiful shiny coat.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!