Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Here's Muffy tonight, waiting to see if I have any treats.


She is such a pretty girl!


And here goes Bitsy, following Muffy into the house for the night. 

One of the Welsummer hens was the last to go in for the night.  It was 63 degrees here today.  We have rain coming Friday, and after 60 tomorrow, we are supposed to have a week in the 40's.  I might even have to put the liner back in my winter coat!


And I understand I falsely accused Speedy last night of attacking Keith... this is the culprit!


It's Fancy, the Porcelain D'Uccle.  He has taken a dislike to Keith and attacks him now when he comes in to fill the waterers or feed.  Once a long time ago at the old Calamity Acres, I had a Mille Fleur rooster that was pretty combative, so I am not surprised.  Fancy doesn't bother me, though. Hmmmm.  He likes women, I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww... Muffy and Bitsy are such beautiful girls! Hmmm... I think Fancy is a little full of himself! (Aren't they all... *haha*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful birds!! We have yet to have a nasty rooster...knock on wood, lol. If we did, they would be in the stew pot :) we finally have another rooster after our last one was nabbed by a coyote in the fall...our one hen had a surprise hatch in August and one of her off springs is a rooster, whoo hoo, I was missing the sound of a rooster crowing in the morning. He's a barred rock crossed with a bantam. Hope you are having a great week!
      hugs, Trish

      Delete
  2. I tell you, I'm about ready to quit being a vegetarian just long enough to turn my Naughty Rooster Boy into noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv those hens. Beautiful.

    Me and that Roo would have a quick understanding....he would leave me alone and my big stick wouldn't wop him.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!