Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Yesterday to Today

We had snow here, finally, yesterday!  It filled the satellite dish with snow and ice, so our service went out temporarily until I thought to have Keith check the dish today.


Only about two inches all told, it still made walking treacherous. 
Keith had to get my car out of the driveway, I managed to get it stuck as I was leaving for work.

These two didn't care about the snow, they wanted to help in the henhouse. They got to, too.


Today it got up to 50 degrees, and this was the result... mud, mud, mud!  The forecast is for rain tomorrow.

 
And in case you were wondering, yes, Bessie is still with us, and as you can see, has made the back of the recliner her sleeping place.  She can jump up onto the chair and then clamber up onto the back, and makes herself quite comfortable.  She can also see what's going on everywhere from here.  She's learning to look for snacks, and I'm glad, because she still has a long ways to go to fill out that little starved frame.

Keith is stick tonight with a cold, and I am coughing and praying I am not coming down with it.  Our romantic Valentine's Dinner that I planned was eaten at the same table, but not touching. We had New York Strip steak (we share one), baked potatos, peas.  I ended up not fixing the rolls I had gotten since I took so long doing chores.  Keith was able to get up to eat, but is in bed now.  His boss has told him to stay home, they have already had one round of this at the state office building where he was supposed to go for a training class tomorrow.  I am sure hoping that I don't get it, my office has also had a round of it about 3 weeks ago. 

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day.

7 comments:

  1. The llama looks coold. I can just about feel the cold in that pic. I like the snow and the rain as long as I don't have to tromp in the mud! But with chores you have to. Ugh. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND I hope you both feel better real soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've got a stomach bug floating around here by us. My daughter just came down with it last night. Joy.

    I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. We've got something going around work and I'm praying I don't catch it. Hope you and the hubby are feeling good and kicking up your heels by this weekend at the latest! It's actually supposed to be quite nice, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry Keith is sick. Hope ya'll get well soon.

    cross your fingers, neither one of us has had any thing this year

    snow...yucky

    ReplyDelete
  6. My children and I loved that pic of the dog on the chair. We have bets on which end is the head end! Please enlighten us!!!
    Stevie@ruffledfeathersandspilledmilk.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our two inches of snow here in mid-MO didn't last long, either. I'm glad because those warmer days spoiled me. I'm quite ready for spring now. Hope you both feel well soon! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!