Sunday, May 6, 2012

Soggy Sunday


The rain is baaacccckkkkk

We've had storms all afternoon.

As you can see, the henyards became cesspools again.  Ugh. 

I have been out (despite lightening) six times in the last hour, and it's nearly eight.  Some of the birds would NOT go in. On top of it, Clarabelle (formerly "Sherman") walked into the duck house and back out(under the tree in this picture) and I thought to myself... Oh No, not this late!... and indeed, she is missing.  Anabelle and Jackson are in the little henyard and are waiting for her.  I'm going to go out one more time, I hate leaving the pasture gate open for possums to just stroll on in. 

 When the llamas stay in their barn, I know there is a storm coming.  All three are in there.


And tempers were flaring, even inside. 
 I leave you for the weekend with a view of the sky about 6 PM


Keith called this "Break Even Day" and I asked him what he meant.  We have 110 wonderful followers of this blog about our little place we love so much... and I have 110 days left before I can be here to take care of all of our pets, our gardens, and be the happiest I've been.  I'm so grateful to Keith and to God for this wonderful chance. 


7 comments:

  1. Mary Ann,

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on my pillows. I love the cowboy fabric too! I found less than a yard of it at a flea market a few weeks ago. It is very vintage looking to me.

    I noticed your countdown to retirement. I have been retired for almost two years (June 25) and I am so happy. You'll love being totally in charge of your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that? I wish I were counting down. So glad you still have your health and your dreams. Very happy for you. I hear you about the rain too. I wanted to plant today. Didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great count down. Send some of the rain south. We seem to be already getting into another year of a hot drought. Oh I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning :)

    I hope that those storm clouds have passed, and the sun is beaming and warming up your little farm.

    Love the countdown, and Keith's observance of 'break even day'... awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary Ann, when I read your posts it makes me wish I were back in the country again. Okay, we have a few acres out back, but it's not the same as being on an actual farm. I miss having a barn and at least a few farm animals.

    We had one thunderstorm and rain after the other yesterday and last night. At least it's cooler today after that hot, muggy weather and it's cloudy but hoping that it will clear up soon. Have a nice Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'll try again. Blogger is acting up again. I typed out a comment and hit Publish and it didn't.

    I was saying how I miss having farm animals and living on an actual farm. And that we had several storms come through here yesterday and last night. Nothing severe, but rain that we didn't really need. It's cooler today and cloudy, it's nice after the hot and humid weather we had lately.

    Have a nice Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!