Friday, May 13, 2016

Pulling a Post Together

At the Ag Hall all day today, and did not 
get pictures taken. 

We had 60 kids touring, and about 15 teachers/parents with them. 

Only two other visitors, but from Germany. 

We had sun most of the day until 2:30 or so, and then clouds came over. 
The thunderstorms we were supposed to have turned into a short-lived rainshower. 


Last year, my son and daughter in law gave me a bunch of small 
iris (Dutch, I think) from the side of their house.  They are all blooming now! 

I have so much to do in the garden, and can't seem to get caught up.  That bag you see
next to these is intended to be put on a new extension of this bed.  I am 
going to try to get to it next week.  I also need to trim all the bushes. 


This little guy was at the park yesterday morning when we 
got there.  We didn't get a walk today, it was raining when I got home. 



You know I love watching the birds in our yard. 


And this is a reminder for everyone.  I hung this hummingbird feeder out on 
Tuesday.  In the humidity, mold began to grow in one day. 
This mold can cause a hummer's tongue to swell, and he will not be able to eat anything, and die. 

I'm going to be much, much more careful now.   See how it built up on the edges, too? 

Tomorrow, I am going to "Wings over Weston"  in Weston Bend State Park (Missouri), 
about 30 minutes from us.  I hope to get some good bird pictures, it's Global Big Day, the bird count day. 

I'll share, of course! 


6 comments:

  1. I stopped using hummer feeders; tired of the mess, the ants, the mold. Luckily I have flowers close enough to the windows to still see them in action. :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any bird feeders, it would drive the dogs crazy! Sounds like a lovely day of children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a dark morning here with rain and getting cooler today. Your sunny pictures are very appreciated. Good to know about the mold in the feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that mold started growing very quickly! We have never had that problem cuz it is so dry here. Are you gonna chase that squirrel or should we do it?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mold is crazy stuff.. I think its one reason why we do not normally feed the bird..... yet we have birds everywhere! And humming birds!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  6. We worked in the yard most of the weekend. Got so much done. I'm worn out, but in a good way. I feel like I can see some of the light at the end of that tunnel. At least for the yard around the house. The other part of the yard...........hahaha, that is another story!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!