Monday, May 2, 2016

After the Floods

I always tuck the camera in the car when I go to church, because I drive across country 
and come back the same way. 

I see lots of interesting things. 

Last week, we had a lot of rain, and I showed you a closed road, there were several. 


Here are our Stranger Creek bluffs on 3/20. 


Yesterday.  As our County Emergency Manager says, you would not want to be caught in one of the 
caves under the bluff. 


The creek was actually out of its' banks on the other side of the bridge. 

I am bothered by vertigo, and it's hard for me to stand at the edge of the bridge to take pictures. 


I went up the road... to see this. 

After the floods, the fields are strewn with dead animals and fish. 

There were more birds coming down here... 



And on the other side of the road, farther out in the field... 


They were very clearly feasting on animals drowned by the flooding. 

There were more coming down there, too, as I left. 


However, it wasn't all gloom and doom... 


Because some of my favorite flowers are starting to line the roadways. 

I have five new ones planted here last fall, and
I am eager to see them open!  They have come up 
very well this spring, so it won't be long! 


8 comments:

  1. Wow,, when it rains ,, it pours,,, doesnt it?
    Good the birds are there to clean stuff up!
    The flowers are beautiful.... and dont they smell soo good!?
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. The creeks were running full here, yesterday, but no flooding in my area. I noticed today that our iris are budding out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those iris. Mine are blooming so pretty now!
    I would not go in those caves on a dry day. The thought of being in one gives me the creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always amazing to see how nature works. You are fortunate to have a ride that provides so many interesting places and creatures too. The irises are beautiful. We don't have any blooming yet, but they will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the changes in that Stranger Creek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weather could be so scary at times. Living in CA we miss out on those huge rain storms
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shots! We love the creek shots especially!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I've said it before but LOVE that creek.

    Great shots.

    Glad you're on high ground.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!