Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Spring 2015!

Ah... the first day of spring! 




The iris won't be far behind! 


Birds are everywhere. 



Even in the heavy fog with which we started the day. 


This is the bird that used to be on the blog header. 
Notice anything about it? 

I sat and took pictures for five minutes tonight... and... just as I could tell 
it was getting ready to fly... another truck came up behind me and stopped to make 
sure I was not having car trouble.  They realized what I was doing and apologized...


But, I missed the liftoff and had to take a couple of fast shots while he was fleeing. 

This hawk is banded!  I am going back through my pictures to see 
if it has had a band on all along. 

I can't believe I hadn't noticed it. 

For a very interesting streaming video, 
there is a red-tail hawk cam at this link. 

One chick has hatched, and there is another egg in the nest. 


Beau's tree looked ghostly in the pasture this morning in the fog. 


And the pasture fence sparkled like jewels. 


The spiderwebs sparkled, too! 


Fog does not stop our girl. 


Or our boy. 


It was good to see the sun this evening on the 
FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!!!


7 comments:

  1. Great pictures as always! I especially liked the spiderweb. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy spring! Such beautiful photos!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really got some wonderful pictures of the fog there. I love the spider web too. Glad you got some sunshine there. Ours wasn't very bright but made an effort. I saw lots of tulip tops pushing up through the ground here yesterday. Can't wait till something blooms, but that will be awhile. Happy Spring !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post.. I always love your photos .. You have quite a talent.. It was so nice not to see any
    snow.. lol..
    Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Spring stays for awhile.

    It was good to see you at Dreaming!

    Enjoy our glorious weather.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have crocus, but I saw my white iris is already blooming. They always bloom right after the daffodils.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!