Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Night

Another week has flown by and it's Friday night again.  Pouring outside here... we still need rain, but we expect it all day tomorrow, as well.  We are going to get some cleanup done here around the showers this weekend... it seems farms always accumulate "piles o'stuff".. and we want to get them picked up before the family party here on the 16th. 

Our family nativity set, which belonged to my parents before me, is almost 90 years old now.  It will be unpacked tomorrow, and set up in a place of honor on the sideboard, to remind all of us of the "Reason for the Season".  Other decorations will be set up, too, so the house is festive for the party.  Keith will help in between college football tomorrow, and the rain will hopefully force us to go slower and have a really good day.

I was planning all week to attend the horse parade in Lawrence tomorrow, but heavy rains are dissuading me.  The parade goes on as planned, and if it is not too cold, I may still try to go to take some pictures.  I can't do the cold AND heavy rain though, anymore, the bones just can't stand it!

This girl was scoping out the yard this morning before I went to work... she has also dug another hole to China under our precariously-balanced old walnut tree.  We are now keeping her inside daily to prevent any more of that. 


I'm in search of some water goblets and wine glasses in different heights at the thrift store tomorrow morning... I'm going to fill them with different Christmas candies for the party.. don't you think they'll look festive?  I looked at some at Pier 1 today, but goodness.. I think I can get them for a quarter at the thrift store, so that's the way I'm going!  I'll take pictures when they are set up!

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your candles. Good luck at the thrift store. You are having the rain we are expecting Sunday and Monday, 80% they say. Then it will turn cold--for here 29 for the low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck my dear friend. So excited to see those pictures. I know you can handle things well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the rain on my AccuWeather map in your state! Wow, hope we don't get all that here in MO. We do need a bit more rain, but I just don't want it this weekend!
    Can't wait to see what you find for your candles! Good luck with that project! Now it's time for me to get back to work....hope your weekend is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the hawk excitement you forgot to tell us if you found your goblets

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you were here, you could come shop my pantry.

    It's suppose to rain for 3 days in a row.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!