Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Results Are In

And....the Ancestry Test came back. 

Guess what?

I should have trusted my adoption papers.

62% Ireland

29% Great Britain

5% Scandinavian

The remainder : 

Trace regions. 

The weird thing is, my parents were told I was 
Irish and Welsh.  They were spot on. 

The five percent Scandinavian, according to 
Ancestry, is the influence of the Vikings. 

But the really, really fascinating thing about the whole 
test is the fact that my DNA brought up 
334 fourth cousins or closer! 

This fascinates me. 

You see, these are REAL cousins, people 
who are related to me by blood. 

However, I still have to contact Ancestry to find out 
how I build a separate tree for blood relatives while 
building my tree for my "real" family. 

Some of the DNA relations (I don't know 
what else to call them right now) are as close as 
3rd cousins, and they have pages and NAMES. 

I would show you the pie chart, but Ancestry has it 
blocked to copying. 

I'm glad I did it, but I need to call them in the next 
few days to see how to rectify this whole thing. 

Fascinating! 

I'm glad I did it.  


12 comments:

  1. Wow..how very cool to find out all this info about your DNA family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how exciting it is to get back those results. I had my dna tested about a year ago and have actually had matches that identify 2 cousins who share my 3x great grandparents, The funny thing is, this is a side of my family that I knew nothing about. My grandfather's father left the family when my grandfather was a child and he was raised and loved by his mother's second husband. You can easily have more than one tree on Ancestry. When you open your account home page, at the top of the page are tabs. Click on Trees and there's a drop down box and you can choose create and manage trees. Good luck with your search...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genealogy is very interesting, I got into at about age ten and kept at it for several years. I finally got to where it was going to start costing me serious money, so I said good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it exciting!!!! We're related…..somewhere!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know. Lilly Ann looks happy looking out over her domain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very much Exciting news fur you. Even if it isn't eggs actly NEW News to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome to find out. Mom was thinking of doing that test too
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  8. fascinating! how cool to find this all out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, that would be fascinating! Ancestry even blocks you from doing a print screen? If so then you can take a picture of the screen with your cell phone, just angle to reduce glare. We would be really interested in what all they tell you!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would be exciting to have that done and to know some names of blood relatives would be fascinating too. I'm going to have to do that someday too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I didn't even know such a thing could be done, very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!