Sunday, August 7, 2016

Guess Where We Went and a Great Event

Look where we went today, after a six week break! 


Yep, the park! 

We had not been there since the 3rd of July, so a full month. 

There was a huge family party going on at the old park, so we lumbered around the new side. 
I say lumbered, because we took it very slowly for Lilly's sake, but she plucked up and walked along as best she could. 


That's the water course down to the creek, so overgrown and dry.  No standing water in the rocks, though we had a bit of rain last night and this morning. 


Someone's idea of a joke, I'm sure. 

Yesterday, we had a great event at the National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame. 

Put on by Cabelas, it was for our 4H Camp Grow kids who were there all summer, 
and for any other 4H kids who wanted to come. 


This was a Smores station, what a great idea! 


There was lots of fishing going on.  

The man in the plaid shorts was a Cabela's employee, who was so very patient with 
all the kids and adults!  


Cabelas provided lunch for everyone. 


There was archery, too. 

I just happened to have used Jax as a model here (grandson). 
He loved learning about the bows. 


Paiton was there, too, and fished... and fished.  
She was pretty patient.  

She didn't catch anything, but she liked fishing! 


There was a lot of train riding going on, too! 


I came home to a quiet evening of taking pictures on the porch. 


And cookie-baking...


The kids have finished day camp for the summer, so I have them tomorrow, and next Monday, 
and their parents are taking days off this week. 

I think we are going to try to see "The Secret Life of Pets" tomorrow. 

Summer is edging away from us! 

(The cookies were delicious!) 


13 comments:

  1. Looks great, I love the train ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how fast summer is sliding by. I'm glad all of you are out enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Yup, we are already getting autumn weather... I even had to put the central heating on last night. Ridiculous. Meanwhile, that looked like a fayre at which to have much fun! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine your dogs love having a walk in the park. Great to have the grands in and a reason to make cookies too !
    Summer is fading and I'll be sorry to see it go but will not be sad to say hello to the cooler days of fall. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like they were having a blast. I want to see that movie too. It looks like it's going to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a nice day! the summer is winding down but not fast enough for me. my god it's been a hot one here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! What a fun time. A walk and a pawrty
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful weekend I bet those kids had a great time. stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun summer memories for all.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like there was lots of fun! We are glad you got back to the park! Did we miss the bales update?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to see your having some "fun times",, and looks like good cookies too
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so much fun!!! Keep having fun this summer!!
    Khloe

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!