Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving 2015

Oh, how grateful we must be to be alive and healthy on 
Thanksgiving Day, 2015. 


Brother Pete was not tip-top today when my sister-in-law
Marybeth (left)  and I got there to see him. 

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch with him and those residents 
who were still there at noon; many had gone out with their families. 

Pete is holding his foot pad, if you are wondering.  
Marybeth and I were happy to eat lunch after we fed him... it was 
delicious, too, and if this is how the residents are eating, 
we both approve! 

Keith and I enjoyed dinner together about 5... out.... because he 
had been gone all day.  We met and enjoyed a buffet 
dinner, and I had some of my favorite flan for dessert. 
YUM. 

It has rained all day here in Leavenworth County, 
and we plunged from 64 this morning to 36 right now. 


This was the Kansas City Star this morning. 
In 45 years of subscribing, I don't ever remember a 
Thanksgiving Day with so many ads that it took 
TWO plastic bags to deliver our paper this 
morning. 

Even without doing Black Friday shopping... I LOVE to sit at the 
table and look at the ads!  

I wish I had a nice picture of Keith to show you... but he is 
sound asleep already.  

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and thank 
you all for the nice comments about our pictures this week. 


7 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving
    Your Thanksgiving looked wonderful!!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to spend time with those you love.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Good to see your smiling face. I know your brother and sister in law must have found it a welcoming sight too. No ads or shopping for me today but lots of sweetness as we make some gingerbread houses. Have a Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that newspaper! We actually received 3 of them but mom didn't look at any ads. We had cold weather and high winds but finally the wind is slowing down. Happy Black Friday!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Ann,

    I'm happy to hear you were able to visit your brother.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!